Sunday, May 21, 2006

My new best friend: How I learned to love job interviews

Through absolutely no fault of my own, I found myself out of work last July. And from that day to this, I've been pounding the pavements. It's been an interesting experience. What have I learned?

I have learned that job interviews are really really really fun!

You go to this place. You meet this person. They spend over an hour hanging on your every word. They are good listeners. They are interested in ME. They offer me tea. They want to know all about me. It's like making a new instant best friend.

If you are one of the three million victims of George W. Bush's disastrous outsourcing policies and you DREAD job-hunting, just change the way you look at it. Stop thinking of this as some horrible degrading and humiliating experience that you are forced to drag yourself through just to be able to eat and pay the rent -- and start thinking of job hunting as an exciting new opportunity to add some bounce to your social life!

Instead of looking for someone to bolster your poor sagging jobless unemployed ego on My Space or Yahoo Online Dating or Friendster, go to the employment section of
http://craigslist.org or http://monster.com and look for a job! Someone from Human Resources will gladly give you their total attention. And, after they are finished making you feel all wanted and meaningful and at ease, they may even offer you a job....