Monday, January 22, 2007

Sherlock in India: Keeping an eye out for stolen uranium!

Nuc News just sent me an article with the following headline: "Police launch hunt for Stolen Uranium in India". What a coincidence! Even as we speak, I am online with a friend who works at an internet cafe on the main street of Jaipur, the capital of Rajasthan. I'm on the case!

"So. Dr.Watson." I e-mailed Rajinder. "You're at the scene of the crime. What do you think? See any stolen uranium lying around?"

"Looking out the door of my small two-seater internet cafe," Rajinder e-mailed me back, "I see approximately 150 motor vehicles of various kinds, about 25 cycle-driven rickshaws, more people than you can possibly imagine, a whole bunch of trees and three sacred cows. Sorry. No missing uranium. But I'll keep my eye out. Thanks for the heads up!"